Changes in version 2.7.x¶
The 2.7 series was a brief but necessary transition towards some of the core ideas in version 3.0.
Ultra-liberal Feed Parser 2.7.6 was released on January 16, 2004.
- fixed bug with
Ultra-liberal Feed Parser 2.7.5 was released on January 15, 2004.
- added workaround for malformed DOCTYPE (seen on many
Ultra-liberal Feed Parser 2.7.4 was released on January 14, 2004.
- added workaround for improperly formed <br/> tags in encoded HTML (skadz)
- fixed unicode handling in normalize_attrs (ChrisL)
- fixed relative URI processing for guid (skadz)
- added ICBM support
Ultra-liberal Feed Parser 2.7.3 was released on January 14, 2004.
- reverted all changes made in 2.7.2
Ultra-liberal Feed Parser 2.7.2 was released on January 13, 2004.
- “Version 2.7.2 of my feed parser, released today, will by default refuse to parse this feed. It does a first-pass check for wellformedness, and when that fails it sets the ‘bozo’ bit in the result to
1and immediately terminates. You can revert to the previous behavior by passing
disableWellFormedCheck=1, but it will print arrogant warning messages to stderr to the effect that anyone who can’t create a well-formed XML feed is a bozo and an incompetent fool.” source
Ultra-liberal Feed Parser 2.7.1 was released on January 9, 2004.
- fixed bug handling " and '
- fixed memory leak not closing url opener (JohnD)
- added dc:publisher support (MarekK)
- added admin:errorReportsTo support (MarekK)
- Python 2.1
Ultra-liberal Feed Parser 2.7 was released on January 5, 2004.
- really added support for trackback and pingback namespaces, as opposed to 2.6 when I said I did but didn’t really
- sanitize HTML markup within some elements
mxTidysupport (if installed) to tidy HTML markup within some elements
- fixed indentation bug in
socket.setdefaulttimeoutif available (FazalM)
- universal date parsing and normalization (FazalM):
issuedare parsed into 9-tuple date format and stored in
dateis duplicated in
date_parsedis duplicated in